Furminator Long Hair Deshedding Tool for Dogs
- Brand: Furminator
- Availability: 6
- Ex Tax: R1,128.60
Shedding is natural and there's no way to eliminate it. But there is a better way than constantly vacuuming and scrubbing hair off your floor, furniture, clothing and car seats. The Furminator Deshedding Tool reduces shedding up to 90% and stimulates natural oil production, which protects skin and supports healthy, shiny coats. With patented technologies, this is the most popular and sought after deShedding tool on the market.
- Reduces shedding by up to 90%
- Designed for coats longer than 5cm
- Stainless steel deShedding edge reaches deep beneath your dog's long top coat to gently remove undercoat and loose hair
- Used and recommended by veterinarians and professional groomers
- Fur ejector button cleans and removes loose hair from the tool with ease
- Guaranteed to reduce shedding better than any brush, rake or comb
- Designed by a groomer for professional results
- Patented technologies
â€‹Choose the right tool for your dog:
Medium Deshedding Tool, orange handle, is for dogs weighing 9 - 23 kg. Deshedding edge is 6.5cm.
Large Deshedding Tool, yellow handle, is for dogs weighing 23 - 41 kg. Deshedding edge is 10cm.
Make sure that their coat is clean and completely dry before using a deShedding tool. We recommend using the tool straight after bathing.
· If your pet has mats and tangles, it's best to brush your pet to remove them before using the deShedding tool. Using the tool on matted or tangled fur can bend or break the teeth.
· Position your dog in an area that is easy to vacuum or sweep up the excess hair.
· With the stainless steel teeth of the tool angled towards your dog’s coat, gently pull the tool across your dog’s coat in the same direction as the hair growth.
· Use the tool like a hair brush and stroke up and away from the dog’s skin.
· Use long and gentle strokes, avoiding excessive brushing in the same area.
· Be careful around your dog’s sensitive areas (stomach, legs, genitals and anus)
· Don’t apply too much pressure or weight behind the strokes as this can cause irritation and damage your dog’s skin.
· If you notice any redness or irritation to your dog’s skin, stop using the tool.
· While weekly deshedding is fine for short haired pets, medium to long hair pets may need to be deshedded a few minutes each day to prevent mats, tangles and dirt.
· Keep your deshedding sessions fun and positive. Remember, you can always take a break and continue the session later if necessary.
· While shaving may seem like a good fix for your dog's shedding, it can change the texture of the coat, interrupt the natural shedding cycle and impair your dog's ability to regulate body temperature. Furminator Deshedding Tools provide a healthier solution to shedding management.
· The condition of your pet's coat is directly affected by his diet. Feeding your pet a premium diet has many benefits for improved overall health, like a shinier coat, strong muscles and healthy teeth and bones.
Perform a complete physical assessment on your pet before using the tool to check for cuts, sores, abrasions or bruises. Don’t use the tool if your pet has sensitive or any broken skin.
The Furminator Deshedding Tool is recommended for use on shedding breeds only. Please consult a veterinarian if you are unsure if your pet has an undercoat.