Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain - 1.5L
- Brand: DrinkWell
- Availability: Waiting for Stock
- Ex Tax: R735.29
Developed by a veterinarian, the Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain keeps your pet healthy and hydrated with 1.5litres of a constant flow of fresh and filtered water.
The patented free-falling stream of water entices your pet to drink more and continually aerates the water with oxygen.
Along with its charcoal filter sidekick to remove those bad tastes and odours to keep water clean and crisp – hooray!
- Replaceable charcoal filter keeps water tasting clean and fresh
- Replace filters every 4 weeks, or earlier if you have multiple pets
- Holds 1.5litres of water
- Dishwasher safe (excl. pump)
- Made of plastic
- For indoor use only
- Perfect for single pet households
- Helps prevent urinary tract issues in cats
- Pre-filter catches hair and other large particles before they reach the motor
- Adjustable flow control
- Completely disassembles for easy cleaning
- Cleaning brush set and replacement filters available to purchase separately
- 2 year warranty
Cats with urinary tract problems must be encouraged to drink as much water as possible. as many cats just love drinking from flowing water a fountain is a great way of doing this. Their urine needs to stay more dilute and they need to urinate more often so interesting features and running water helps with this.
In nature, moving water is much fresher than stagnant water. The movement constantly breaks the surface tension of the water and draws oxygen from the air into the water. This process, called aeration, makes the water more appealing to drink. Pets may be drawn by instinct to moving water for this reason.
Research shows that one of the best ways to improve your pet’s health is to get them to drink more water, and the best way to do that is with the Drinkwell® Pet Fountains. Drinkwell® pet fountains were developed by a veterinarian and are recommended by urinary vet specialists as a great way to keep cats healthy, happy and hydrated. The Pet Fountain filters and aerates continuously moving water to keep it much fresher than standing bowl water. In addition, the constant circulation inhibits bacteria growth keeping the pet fountain cleaner.